Yoga Teacher Training
Empower yourself, transform your life and realize your potential
The YogAsylum® Yoga Teacher Training & Certification Program consists of five areas of class work:
- Techniques Training and Practice (T) consists of learning how to teach and practicing traditional yoga techniques including asana, pranayama, kriya, mantra, meditation, bandha, and mudra. This training will consist of 100 contact hours and include analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and guided practice of the techniques themselves.
- Teaching Methodology (TM) includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting, correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga. This training will consist of 25 contact hours.
- Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.) This training will consist of 20 contact hours and 10 non-contact hours. It includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.).
- Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers (PLE) includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle, and ethics for yoga teachers. This training will consist of 35 contact hours and 30 non-contact hours. The philosophy portion of the training will include the reading and discussion of ancient yoga texts. Text commentaries are discussed in a group setting to distill the core yogic philosophies and their application to everyday life. Students are encouraged to explore their own connection to the teachings and examine the integration of yogic philosophy into their classes.
- Practicum (PR) includes practice teaching yoga, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback. This training will consists of 20 contact hours.
YOGA Teacher training with YogAsylum®
It's what you love, make it what you do.
People quickly fall in love with yoga and commit to make it a part of their lives. Others want to go even further and pass on this gift by becoming yoga teachers. YogAsylum® can help you make this dream a reality. We offer one of the world's most comprehensive Yoga Teacher Training and Certification Programs right here in the Midwest. Whether you're looking for an ever-rewarding career or are a yoga teacher looking to brush up and hone your skills, this is the course for you.
We are a Registered School with Yoga Alliance and approved by the Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (WEAB).
Sign up for yoga teacher training
The MyCAA Scholarship program
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Fact Sheet
Get fact sheet